Rules for Submission of Papers
Deadline for Submissions: 30 September 2021 at 23.59.
A. GENERAL RULES
1. We will only accept original abstracts which have not been published in journals or presented at other congresses.
2. Highlight the name of the author who will present the paper in bold.
3. At the very least, the author who will present the paper must register for the congress before 11 October 2021.
4. No changes to the papers can be made from 30 September 2021 at 23.59.
5. The name of the author and co-authors must be written with the surnames first and then the first name(s). The order in which the authors are listed will be the one used in the subsequent certificates regarding the presentation of papers, as well as in any publications the studies may appear in.
6. By submitting an abstract, you accept the terms mentioned above. Once the Programme Committee has reached a decision on the papers, this decision will be final. The Organization will reject any papers which do not comply by the rules mentioned above.
7. All notifications will be made via the website or email. Therefore, it is extremely important to check the email address and telephone number (mobile) of the person who will speak and/or present the paper.
8. We will notify authors of the acceptance or rejection of their papers by email. The presentation rules and planning information will be included in these mails and subsequent communication.
9. We will only accept abstracts on the theme set in the rules for papers.
10. We will not accept abstracts with “declarations of intent” regarding future work or those which merely constitute the authors’ opinions.
11. You must include at least 3 bibliographical references.
12. All the papers in each category chosen by the Programme Committee are to be presented.
13. You must state at the end of the abstract if the work has been financed or received a grant.
14. Any papers not presented will not receive a certificate for the presentation of a paper.
15. The author(s), by presenting a paper at the 8th International Congress of Dependence and Quality of Life, grants exclusive rights of use to Edad&Vida of these papers, specifically for reproduction, distribution and public sharing, for the maximum time permitted by Law, and covering the whole world.
By presenting a paper at the Congress, you give your complete and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
B. CONTENT AND FORMAT OF THE PAPERS
1. The abstracts must be made up of:
AUTHOR(S): Author responsible for the Clinical Case (presenter/speaker) and co-authors.
TITLE: be concise, maximum of 2 lines. In lower case (titles in upper case will not be accepted) and without abbreviations.
1. The Papers must contain the following:
2. The text shall be no longer than 500 words. No blank lines in between paragraphs. The bibliography is not included in this word limit.
3. You are required to inform us of your speciality, current role, work centre and location.
4. In the body of the abstract, you must only use standardized abbreviations. When specific or unusual abbreviations are used for the first time, they must appear in brackets after the full term.
5. In order to guarantee anonymity during the selection process, you must not state your place of residence, health centre, and so on in any part of the body of the text of the paper or clinical case. If this information is included, it could lead to automatic rejection of the paper.
6. Avoid the use of trade names of pharmaceuticals, healthcare products, or nutritional supplements. Use generic names in their place. You should also avoid the use of trade names of products or services associated with end of life care.
7. Carefully review the proposal before sending it as once the deadline has passed, you will not be able to make changes to the order of the authors or to the text itself.
C. DIFFERENT FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
1. The papers will be grouped into areas of expertise for their assessment and scheduling.
2. When sending the abstract, the authors must state the FIELD OF EXPERTISE to which the paper belongs. Take extra care when choosing the correct field because it will determine what subject matter it will fall under in the Congress sessions. This cannot be modified after 6 September 2021.
3. The Programme Committee will try to respect the choice of the authors when assigning to a particular subject area, but reserve the right to change this assignment in the interests of a balanced scientific programme.
The fields of expertise are as follows:
- Innovative experiences which improve integrated socio-sanitary care
- Successful case studies regarding the integration of healthcare in nursing homes during COVID-19
- Experiences which improve the integrated socio-sanitary care at home, particularly transformative measures which use technology
- Pharmaceutical care in the socio-sanitary field, both nursing home and home care. Problems which have arisen and how they were solved
- Successful experiences regarding physical rehabilitation and/or nutrition in elderly patients recovering from COVID
- Quality Assessment system models in Long term care
- Innovative measures regarding healthy ageing
- Professional healthcare personnel’s response to the end of life and death in solitude as a result of COVID
D. PRESENTATION PROCEDURE
Please submit the abstracts online to http://www.congresoedadyvida.com, following the rules established above.
If you have any queries with regard to the submission of papers via the website, please contact the Technical Secretary, preferably by email, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line “Information regarding papers for the 8th International Congress of Disability and Quality of Life”.
No abstracts will be accepted by fax or post.
The Secretary will send a confirmation of receipt providing the reference number assigned to your paper.
E. PRESENTATION OF PAPERS IN POSTER FORMAT
1. Presentation time: 3 minutes
2. Presentation: PowerPoint program on PC. You must use the official Congress presentation template in PowerPoint.
3. You will be able to access the presentation of papers area throughout the entire congress